Constructed in 1912, the building was dedicated as the church of The Catholic Church of St. Joseph on March 30th, 1913 and remained the focal structure of the campus for over a century. Originally the only structure for the church, the space continued to serve as the sanctuary even as the campus expanded over the next 100 years. In 2005, the need for additional expansion was recognized and the parish began their search for new church grounds. In 2018, the original St. Joe’s campus was sold to a developer with the agreement that the original church structure would remain. Athens Food Group, a local group of restaurants and private event venues, purchased the historic building in early 2022 and are undertaking a complete renovation of the space with plans to open as an upscale special events venue in early 2023.